Chandigarh Ration Card Online / Who can Apply for Ration Card / Correction In Ration Card / How to apply for Ration Card through the official website at-chdfood.gov.in
Chandigarh Ration Card Online
The Food and Civil Supplies department of Chandigarh issued ration card to the citizens of Chandigarh. As we know that The Public Distribution System (PDS) in the country facilitates the supply of food grains and distribution of essential commodities to a large number of poor people through a network of Fair Price Shops at a subsidized price on a recurring basis. The citizens can get benefits provided by PDS if they have Ration Card. If you don’t have your ration card. Don’t worry through this article we are providing complete details to apply for ration card.
The Food and Civil Supplies department has given a facility such that you can now apply for ration card online in Chandigarh.Details are given below.
First of all we discuss about the types of Ration Card in Chandigarh.
Types of Ration Cards in Chandigarh
Above Poverty Line APL Ration Card : Issued to families with household income more than the poverty line index.
Below Poverty Line BPL Ration Card: It is issued to families with income less than Rs. 432.9 per month. It is issued in yellow color and is given special subsidy rates.
Antyodya Card or Green Ration Card : It is issued to families with monthly income less than Rs. 250. Besides this, it can also be issued to:Senior citizens without societal support, Widows, Handicapped people.
Who can Apply for Ration Card
Anyone who is the permanent resident of Chandigarh can apply for ration card. If we talk about benefits of Ration Card then on one side it behaves as your identity proof and on the other side it can be used for availing various advantages/subsidy under ePDS scheme in Chandigarh.Here we will discuss about Online Ration Card Application in Chandigarh.
Necessary Documents for Ration Card in Chandigarh.
If you are going to apply for Ration Card, you must have below mentioned documents along with application form.Otherwise your application form will not be accepted.
- Recent color photograph of Family dual attested by Area councilor or Village Sarpanch
- Affidavit stating the income level of Family attested by lawyer
- Ration card Filled application form
- Address proof or Residence proof, you can produce any one of document as resident proof which are mentioned below.
- Driving License.
- Voter Identity card.
- Extract of electoral roll.
- Latest telephone bill which should on the applicant name.
- Identity card issued by the Government or public sector.
How to Apply for Ration Card in Chandigarh ?
If you are going to apply for Ration Card through online mode, you are suggested to follow below mentioned steps :
- First of all visit to the official website at-chdfood.gov.in
- You need to fill in all the details here like Family Head’s Name, Mobile Number, State (that is Chandigarh), Tehsil/Taluk/SubDistrict, District, Village, OTP that you receive on the mobile number.
- After filling up all details click on submit button, You will be redirected to another official page where you will have to submit scanned copies of various required documents.
- After that click on final submit. Food inspector will visit your home to verify all the details. Once verified, you will be issued new ration card within 15 days.
Departments Details of Ration Card in Chandigarh
Name of Department : Department of Food & Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Chandigarh (UT)
Address: Department of Food & Supplies and Consumer Affairs,
Annexe to Municipal Corporation Building, Sector 17, Chandigarh (UT)
E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official website: chdfood.gov.in